Sunday, July 17, 2011

Long Distance Sundays



How I love my long runs on Sundays, let me count the ways!

1) Running around the scenic crater, Diamond Head.

2) Looking out to the ocean and watching surfers for about 2 miles.

3) Minimal cars on the road.

4) Lots and lots of
runners and bikers getting their sweat on.

5) Post-run smoothies!

6) Not drinking any alcohol on Saturday and going to bed early to get up feeling great for my running date.

7) An intense feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction on a day that can otherwise be somewhat melancholy.


This week was a scale back in mileage in terms of my long run. I did a wonderful 8.6 that felt really great the whole way through. Pre-run was a snack of banana and peanut butter. My post-run recovery smoothie had all of these goods in it.

- frozen banana, strawberries, and blueberries
- 1/2 papaya
- spinach
- silken tofu
- soy milk
- mango nectar
- Maca powder
- flaxseeds

Yum! Now it's time for the Women's Word Cup finals, go U.S.A.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment